Call us on
0207 370 7410
to find out if osteopathy can help you
Looking for Osteopathy in South Kensington?
(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. If you wish us to delete your records, please contact Jonathan Monsen or Lucy Parsons by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0207 370 7410, or buy post: The SW7 Clinic, 35 Hereford Square, London.
Your records are stored electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• The medical records service who store and process our files
• Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment
• We also use Mailchimp to coordinate our messages, so your name and e-mail address may be saved on their server.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as
confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Our website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to promote our services to you. Your data that you enter into our website (such as email address and name) may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated below only.
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
1. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
2. To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalised service-related notices and promotional messages;
3. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
4.To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain.
Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Jonathan Monsen or Lucy Parsons
0207 370 7410
The SW7 Clinic, 35 Hereford Square, London
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.